Sky Islands Tourism Association’s Mission Statement
The mission of Sky Islands Tourism Association is to grow regional tourism, thereby enhancing business and employment opportunities within the Sky Island communities of Elgin, Sonoita and Patagonia Arizona.
Our major objective is to make the Sky Island region a well-known and popular tourist destination, for short and long-term visitors. We will promote the region widely throughout Arizona, and to targeted interests. Our excellent Visitor Center and highly capable volunteer staff, our established website, and our affiliation with the Arizona Office of Tourism are solid foundations for these efforts. As we move forward, we will explore other relationships and activities that will strengthen the Sky Islands reputation as a great place to visit.
What you get with your membership:
- A one-page profile on the SITA website with links to your business website.
- Events posted on the SITA website.
- Listing and location on the Mountain Empire Regional Map, and for vineyards and tasting rooms, the Winery Map.
- Select advertising opportunities taking advantage of our negotiated group rates.
- Discounts on SITA sponsored activities.
- Use of bulk mail permit.
- Your promotional material displayed at the visitor center
- Posts to our active social media followers on Facebook and Twitter
- Articles in our tourism newsletter (newsletter size increases on average 80-120 people/month)
- Events posted in Tucson Happenings, tucsonhappenings.com
- Larger events posted in visitarizona.com
Business Membership – $150
2nd Business (with Prepaid 1st Business) – $50
NonProfit Membership – $50
Individual Membership (does not include webpage or promotional opportunities) – $25
Current SITA Board of Directors:
Renate Kloppinger (Rancho Milagro); Bonnie Maclean (Ovens of Patagonia); Gerry Isaac (Stage Stop Inn / Wild Horse Restaurant); Christina Wilhelm (Santa Cruz Foundation for the Performing Arts), Rita Johnson
Emeritus: Jean Miller (Long Realty); Regina Medley (Mesquite Grove Galleries / Cross Creek Cottages); Adrienne Halpert (Global Arts Gallery / Lillian’s Closet); Anne Caston.